YouMode Tutorial: DIY Printable Matchbox Wedding Favors
So many wedding favors make their way to the trash can within 24 hours. Don’t waste your time and money buying something people don’t want! Be friendly to the environment and your wallet with these custom matchbook covers that everyone will love! Timeless, crowd-pleasing, and actually useful. We bring you: DIY Printable Matchbox Wedding Favors!
Make sure to check out our printable templates (you can also get a free one here!) before trying out this tutorial. Also, here’s a link to some matchboxes that fit perfectly with our printable matchbox templates (50 for less than $15? You betcha!).
Step 1: Cut out your covers.
1. Using a hard protective surface to cut on, use a ruler and craft knife to cut out each matchbox template (don’t leave any white borders).
*If you need help with this step, check out our cutting tutorial here.
Step 2: Apply tape to cover
1. Flip over the template (right-side facing down).
2. Using permanent double sided tape, place a strip of tape along both short ends of the template.
Step 3: Attach first side of cover to matchbox
1. Flip over the template so right side is up and align one taped end with the edge of a matchbox (on the striking edge of the box)
2. Using your finger, press along the edge to ensure attachment.
Step 4: Wrap cover and tape the other end
1. Do the same for the other side of the cover. Pull the edge taut so the cover is applied tightly and smoothly (but don’t pull so hard you rip the paper!).
2. Make sure the other end of the cover is lined up evenly.
3. Again, using your finger, press along the edge to attach.
We’d love to hear from you! Let us know what you think about
Tutorial: DIY Custom Printable Matchbox Wedding Favors
and leave us a comment below! If you liked this matchbox wedding favor tutorial, make sure to check out our free printable matchbox covers on our downloads page!
Want to stay updated on posts? Choose your type of content. We’ll never send you spam!